The Undertaker is an American professional wrestler signed to WWE. He is the company's most tenured performer, and he's also the only remaining active competitor from the very first episode of WWE Raw in 1993. Calaway began his wrestling career with World Class Championship Wrestling (WCCW) in 1984. In 1990, Calaway signed with the World Wrestling Federation and The Undertaker was born. The rest, as they say, was history!
The Fan Forums are Back! Head on over to participate in Undertaker discussion and much much more!
Dan (Opened 2003)
Anan & Ed
Site Twitter: Click Here!
Contact Site: E-Mail
This website is in no way affiliated with or linked to The Undertaker though we are Approved! The names of all World Wrestling Entertainment televised and live programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves and all World Wrestling Entertainment logos and trademarks are the exclusive property of World Wrestling Entertainment. The images included on this site are being used under fair copyright law 107, no copyright infringement is intended. Please do not sue us, I dont have any money anyway so all you'd get is fluff.
Undertaker Gets New Match On UK Tour, Is Pulled From Several Shows
As Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline first reported, The Undertaker was reportedly telling people backstage at WrestleMania 32 this past Sunday that his match against Shane McMahon was his last. It was noted that Taker has said that before, only to come back again.
Taker is still currently scheduled for the U.K. tour, however has been removed from several shows on the tour. WWE still has Taker listed for the WWE SmackDown taping on April 19th at the O2 Arena in London, as well as the WWE live event the following night in Newcastle at The Newcastle Arena. While it’s unclear if Taker will be wrestling in London, he is scheduled to team with Kane to face Braun Strowman and Erick Rowan in Newcastle. He was originally scheduled to team with The Big Show to face Luke Harper and Erick Rowan before Harper’s injury.
The London and Newcastle shows are now the only ones Taker is scheduled for. Taker has been removed from his originally scheduled appearances on April 21st in Brussels, April 22nd in Paris and April 23rd in Malaga.
I can already see them now….the “This is it. this is his last match(es.) He’s done after this. HOF headliner next year” comments. Just know that none of that has been officially confirmed and i WWE are going to promote his last match as JR believes, WWE have not promoted WM32 or Taker’s participation on the upcoming tour as such. So if JR’s correct and he doesn’t work for WWE anymore, there’s still hope that it is not. Personally I don’t believe Taker will try not to be done till WWE gets the match he and WWE know they want, Taker vs Cena at WM. It’s possible Cena’s Taker’s last match. But no one really knows that either as that also has yet to be confirmed. If it is and Cena does not work WM next year due to injury or whatever, then that may mean Taker goes beyond WM33. He’s close to 30 years. Not sure if he’ll make it that far. Time will tell.
- kacey on April 9th, 2016 says:
JR also thought the Undertaker would never lose at wrestlemania..Sadly it would nto surprise me one bit if Taker just left with no goodbye,no nothing.That seems to be the way most wrestlers go out..One day they are there and the next they are gone.Sort of slap in the face to the fans,but it seems to work that way alot in this business.Hopefully not the case with Taker,but it wouldnt surprise me
- Mike b on April 9th, 2016 says:
For now takers saying its he’s last if it’s true, but we all know or gotta feeling if if this is John cenas last run from summerslam to wrestlemania that we’ll see taker/cena with both there last matches if all true. Also think we all over look Shane/taker match takers stripulation I think wasn’t about taker doing any more matches wrestlemania I think Vince in general talking about just appearance at wrestlemania like stone and Shawn and the rock as legends. Vince been having legends return for wrestlemania for little things like that. I think that’s what’s that all about for taker to win the match just make future appearance as legend interest thing. Not about up coming matches wrestlemania cuz wrestling part of him coming to close and I think we’ll see least more with cena. But I still think if Vince and taker special taker come back as biker dude run smack down something like power play or guest now and then run raw or smack down.mand this would be awesome sting and taker running shows with brand split.. What all think and u anon ?
- Shehzad on April 10th, 2016 says:
@streak conqueror: The Undertaker fu****d Lesnar many times.
1- The Undertaker defeats Lesnar by counout smackdown:
2- The Undertaker defeats Lesnar by pinfall Smackdown 2003
This is a different story Vince chose the Undertaker to make Lesnar prominent, otherwise many superstars have defeated Lesnar like Big show, Kurt Angle, Goldberg, John Cena and Ediie Gurrero so why can’t Undertaker beat ugly guy? The streak ended only because it was best for business.
So you need to shut your mouth!
- Anan on April 11th, 2016 says:
I don’t believe this is John Cena’s last run. I don’t know where that idea came from. He’s hangin around, like it or not. If Cena can remain healthy enough to compete at WM33, I feel WWE will have him face Taker. I want to see Taker face Kurt Angle, Jericho, and yes Sting too. Sting’s retired and unless he comes out of retirement, him facing Taker ain’t happening. Jericho had one of the matches of the night at WM against AJ Styles. In fact all of Jericho’s matches since he came back have been highlights. We know what Kurt Angle is all about in the ring. And Taker is, well Taker. Taker’s list of options for opponents is small from my point of view. Sting, Angle, Jericho, Kane, Cena. All are veterans. Of all of them, Cena’s most likely with I guess Jericho behind him. If you consider NXT, then Samoa Joe can also be added to that small list. I want to see Taker face Shinsuke Nakamura and AJ Styles too. Nakamura had one of the matches of the night at NXT Dallas. AJ may be small, but Taker can work with guys his size. The Phenom vs The Phenomenal One.
Right now, I’m thinking WM33 will be Taker vs Cena.
Will WM33 be Taker’s last match? That remains to be seen. But it is possible that Taker’s post-WM31 matches/appearances last year were sort of a farewell tour meaning that his UK only appearance this year may be his goodbye to the UK should WM33 end up being his last match. Will Taker lose to Cena? If it is his last match, I’d say yes. I believe Taker might even request to lose because Rock, Austin, Sting, all come from Taker’s era and they have all lost what is currently their last matches. I will not put it past WWE to have Cena beat Taker, even if it is not Taker’s last match. Think about it. Taker’s not a guy to cause trouble over the planned outcome of a match. If Cena was planned to beat Taker, Taker will still put forth the usual Taker performance. He won’t hold Vince up for money, won’t walk out, won’t no show the event, etc. He will remain the professional he has always been. And Taker, this is a man who lost to a part-timer in Brock Lesnar and WWE, specifically Vince was the one who made that call. All of this considered, Taker’s 2nd WM loss to Cena is not out of the question.
I would not want to see a biker return. I’d like to see a return to the old grey & black attire. However I don’t know if they will play the theme that accompanied him to the ring in the early 90’s. A welcome return for me would be the 1998 LOS attire along with the theme from the Volume 3 album.
Taker vs Brock Lesnar….don’t wanna see it. Don’t think many want to. But realistically speaking, it can happen (even though it shouldn’t) knowing WWE’s tendency to go back on their word. Rock vs Cena was promoted at once in a lifetime for WM28, which closed the show. And yet, that very same match closed out the following WM.
- dhanish1979 on April 11th, 2016 says:
To Anan,yousif and gang
I have said it zillion times,If the deadman remains healthy for next 2 years,we could see bluray and dvd release 25-1 or 24-1 either way the undertaker’s very own 25 years of wrestlemania.
My take for next year wrestlemania 33 will be brock lesnar final appearance facing either The rock,batista or the undertaker,if it is against the undertaker it could be loser leaves the company,Sorry folks it wont be taker vs john cena as my instict confirms it could be super cenation vs roman empire which should be biggest headliner and main event.
- Anan on April 11th, 2016 says:
WWE and Taker have been, should be and are all about progressing the business. Lesnar broke The Streak so now in order to progress the business, he must be beaten by a young talent who’ll be around for the next 10 years, whoever WWE deems worthy enough to continue with that mega push. How does Taker defeating Lesnar initiate that progression? It doesn’t. Taker is not the future of WWE as his ring days will not continue for another 10 years.
1. Taker’s not a young man with 10 years left. He has NOTHING to prove. Even dating back to 2003, he stated he wrestles because he enjoys it and it’s his way of giving back. Defeating Lesnar isn’t giving back to the business even though it will satisfy fans. Losing to him was giving back to the business as it was the passing of a torch, a torch will be taken by whoever beats Lesnar, and so Taker went along with the call to have Lesnar beat him. Taker’s done so many things that his career won’t be remembered by not defeating Lesnar so it’s laughable the theories people are coming up with to support such an un-necessary match.
2. We don’t know that WM33 will be Lesnar or Taker’s final match. Lesnar could always re-sign to stay with WWE beyond WM33. He views wrestling as a job so if the money is there, he might just stick around after next year’s Mania.
3. Taker competing in a Loser Leaves WWE match is unsuitable. It’ll emphasize the Taker left WWE as a loser because of the loser leaves WWE tagline/stipulation. I do believe Taker will go out on his back as that was the tradition in his era, no stipulation or taglines needed. Austin vs Rock, WM19. It was Austin’s last match, but wasn’t promoted as a loser leaves WWE or retirement match. And Austin and Taker are from the same era. And who says Taker has to leave WWE if he lost his last match? He doesn’t. He could always take on a behind the scenes role. Pat Patterson, Dean Malenko, Arn Andersen, IRS, William Regal, Michael Hayes, HHH, all legends in their own right, have been employed by WWE by taking on behind the scenes roles for years.
4. Taker vs Lesnar IV might give WWE a chance at having Taker win. But in wanting the match so badly, have you people actually considered the possibility that having the 4th match also gives WWE a chance of giving Taker his 2nd WM loss to the same guy that broke The Streak which results in….what exactly? You could say it won’t make sense, won’t happen, etc. But it still could happen. And if it did, then the same people who want the match so badly will say they shouldn’t have had another match.
5. Why would WWE have Reigns vs Cena next year when both are young enough to compete before WM33 at Summerslam or sometime after WM33? No, I think WM33 will play host to the match originally scheduled for this year, Taker vs Cena leaving Cena vs Reigns for another night. Taker wrestling is guaranteed at WM while Cena vs Reigns wrestle full-time. I don’t see WWE waiting on Taker vs Cena any longer than they need to because Taker won’t stick around till WWE’s ready to make it happen. He’ll retire when he retires and won’t go back on that so WWE could keep putting that match on hold in favor of something else. Had it not been for Cena’s injury, it’s have happened this year so if he’s healthy for next year, why wait?
6. Even if Taker was healthy, who’s to say he’ll still compete? Maybe he’ll retire before he becomes unhealthy again and/or when he has no challenges left and Cena’s really the only challenge he hasn’t had yet at WM. Jericho and Angle are some others, but Cena’s the most realistic option of happening. Roman Reigns, I applaud his effort at WM32. But that match further proved to me that he’s not ready for Taker as I did not at all enjoy his match with HHH and considering the crowd reactions to the Reigns/HHH finish and that Taker/Shane finish, it’s clear to me that WM this year should have closed with HIAC. Reigns wasn’t ready or yet deserving to close out WM. Kane’s been in WWE a lot longer and this year was his 17th WM, but he hasn’t closed out a WM yet, Say what you want about his character and direction. But there’s no denying that he’s been deserving for years now to win a Royal Rumble and close out a WM. Certainly more deserving that Reigns by many miles.
- Thy Serpent on April 11th, 2016 says:
“Taker vs Lesnar IV might give WWE a chance at having Taker win. But have you considered the possibility that it also gives WWE a chance of having Taker having his 2nd WM loss to the same guy that broke The Streak which results in really nothing? You could say it doesn’t make sense, won’t happen, etc. But it still could happen.”
Exactly why I don’t want Brock vs ‘Taker at WM33.
- Anan on April 11th, 2016 says:
I don’t want it period. It’s not needed. Fact is both won’t be around for another 10 years and with all this new talent and more coming in, it presents new, fresh challenges for both guys. It’s amusing to me how people say they want new new new, but at the same time, say Taker vs Lesnar IV which is the exact opposite of new. Even if WWE were to have Taker defeat Lesnar in a 4th match, it’s actually pointless right now because WWE ha the chance to give Taker a win and blew it which tells me they have no aspirations on giving Taker that win, a win by the way that the obsessive fans “so desperately need because their life depends on it.” It’s not a win Taker needs, clearly.
- Thy Serpent on April 12th, 2016 says:
“WWE ha the chance to give Taker a win and blew it which tells me they have no aspirations on giving Taker that win”
Precisely. There was a purpose for the ‘Taker / Lesnar feud which was served. ‘Taker vs Cena seems a good option for WM 33. Jericho? It can be good too. But, I’d like to see them have a good build by making Jericho getting a few smart wins. That would make it seem like Jericho would outsmart ‘Taker and beat him at WM. Something like that. If not that, just some kind of interesting build.